.NET Tutorials, Forums, Interview Questions And Answers
Welcome :Guest

Sign In
Register

Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Congratulations!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
david stephan

Home >> Forum >> .NET Framework >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

PublicAssemblies

Posted By: venu     Posted Date: February 24, 2011    Points:2   Category :.NET Framework
Hi Friends,

When we working with creating and utilizing of public assemblies,why we should add reference to public assembly like private.However we are keeping the public assembly in global assembly cache then why to add reference again.

Regards
-------
Venu

Responses
Author: Manas Patnaik             
Posted Date: February 24, 2011     Points: 5   

There are thousands of assemblies registred in GAC , how your aplication code will know which assembley to refer ?

Also adding a ref to solution help you with Intellisense .Think of office libraries we used use either adding a ef or by CreateObject method.

I hope this make a sense for you.

Manas Patnaik
http://manaspatnaik.com/blog
Author: venu             

Hi Friend,

Thanx for your repaly.But think once in the same GAC(c:\windows\assembly)folder we have system.dll,system.data.dll,system.web.dll and .....etc,ok and think i am creating a new website when the movement i open my first.aspx.vb/cs file i can able to get system or system.data or system.web namespaces then why can't my assembly name space that is my question.Now i think you understand.

Regards
----------

Thanks & Regards
-----------------
Venu
Dotnet Programmer
Author: Sunil Yadav       [Moderator]      

Hi venu,

I agree with Manas Patnaik.
There are load of assemblies deployed in the GAC to be shared by many application.

The reference to System.dll,system.data.dll,system.web.dll or any assembly is automatically added to the project is a feature provided of VS IDE.

Author: Manas Patnaik             

Hello Venu

I hope you got the point what Sunil wants to convey ,if you will check the references of the newly created project you will find some of the assemblies are referred.This is the default behavior of the VS project templates.

Manas Patnaik
http://manaspatnaik.com/blog
Author: venu             
Posted Date: February 28, 2011     Points: 20   

Thank you friends

Regards
----------
Venu

Thanks & Regards
-----------------
Venu
Dotnet Programmer

You must Sign In To post reply

Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery
JavaScript/VBScriptBiztalkWPFPatten/PracticesWCFOthers
www.DotNetSpark.comUnAnsweredAll

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend