Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Top 5 Contributors of the Month
Post New Question
Subscribe to Forum
February 18, 2011
Hi. How to attach sqlserver database to server can anyone tel me the process throughout.
Posted Date: February 18, 2011 Points: 5
1. In SQL Server Management Studio Object Explorer, connect to an instance of the Microsoft SQL Server Database Engine, and then expand that instance.
2. Right-click Databases, point to Tasks, and then click Attach.
3. In the Attach Databases dialog box, to specify the database to be attached, click Add; and in the Locate Database Files dialog box, select the disk drive where the database resides and expand the directory tree to find and select the .mdf file of the database.
4. Optionally, to specify a different name for the database to attach as, enter the name in the Attach as column of the Attach Databases dialog box.
5. Optionally, change the owner of the database by selecting a different entry in the Owner column.
6. When you are ready to attach the database, click OK.
A newly attached database is not displayed in the Databases node of Object Explorer until the view is refreshed. To refresh the view at any time, click in Object Explorer, and then click Refresh on the View menu.
If not I then who, If not now then when
To post reply
Related Questions Related Questions
How to Attach Database SQLServer 2005 Express
database attach to exe
How to make Exe and Attach database to it
How to Attach database to EXE
Restoring the Database
Image store in Database SQL SERVER
how can we update database thru datagrid
How to Encrypt & Decrypt password and stored in database..
How to change CrstalReport Database in Crystal Report
Latest Forum Questions From The Same Category
Help to get SQL output
how to restore my sql database from my hosting provider?
SQL query to update date range
Add allowance to employee table is wrong or true according to my case
how to remove trailing zeroes in a decimal in sql server
Required Union All Result in two different column
Sql Multiple table data retrival
Table Translation records
How select huge Data from sql without take long time?
Passing using parameter in store procedure get the top3 record from the table
Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
Hall of Fame
Terms of Service
Tell A Friend