.NET Tutorials, Forums, Interview Questions And Answers
Welcome :Guest

Sign In
Register

Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Congratulations!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
david stephan

Home >> Forum >> Windows Application >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

Packaging Database Application

Posted By: Akhil Raj     Posted Date: February 07, 2009    Points:2   Category :Windows Application
Hi friends,
I am not have experience in windows application. Now my current project is windows application. i am using C# and MS SQL 2005.

My problem is how to package this application.. I mean i want to clear the following doubts..\

1. Is MS SQL server need in client place ?
2. When i install my project automatically sql also install

Please clarify these doubts...Is any method with out installing sql server fully. I heared some idea ie using MSDE or SQl express edition like that. But i dont know clearly...can anyone tell me full process?

Responses
Author: Amit Mehra             
Posted Date: February 07, 2009     Points: 5   

Hi Akhil,
Do you want to install sql server install in your client machine if yes then you have to go with SQL Server express with your package installation. for that you can refer this steps.

To embedded Sql server Express installer in your package you can refer this article

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb264562.aspx

Thanks,
Amit
Please "Mark As Answer " if this post help you.
Author: Akhil Raj       [Moderator]      
Posted Date: February 08, 2009     Points: 5   

hi friend thanks for your reply.. nice article i am reading that. But can you tell any other method availbale...avtually this is my application i am handling in windows... My friend told ms sql express edition have limitation. Any problem continuing with this....

You must Sign In To post reply

Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery
JavaScript/VBScriptBiztalkWPFPatten/PracticesWCFOthers
www.DotNetSpark.comUnAnsweredAll

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend