.NET Tutorials, Forums, Interview Questions And Answers
Welcome :Guest
Sign In
Win Surprise Gifts!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
Gaurav Pal

Home >> Forum >> Windows Application >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

Reminder Data Of birth

Posted By: Naim Khan     Posted Date: February 05, 2009    Points:2   Category :Windows Application
hello friends
I want to remind the birthday date to user, how the orkut remind to us. like wise. can anyone please guide me through sample code. im using Windows Application and Asp.net code behind c#

plz help me

Author: Rahul             
Posted Date: February 05, 2009     Points: 5   

Hi Naim,

I guess the similar question is asked by Mr. Suresh here

This post will help to send Email as Birthday reminder.

Author: Rahul             
Posted Date: February 06, 2009     Points: 5   

Hi Naim,

Please use this steps and code

You can use xp_sendmail to send the birthday emails. Please follow these steps to configure:

1. Click 'Start'->'All Programs'->'Microsoft SQL Server 2005'->'Configuration Tools'->'SQL Server Surface Area Configuration'

2. Click 'Surface Configuration for Features'

3. Select the SQL2005 instance (MSSQLSERVER in my testing); explore 'Database Engine'->go to 'OLE Automation'-> select the 'Enable OLE Automation' checkbox; enable SQL Mail in the same way; Click 'OK' to save changes (see ServerConfig.jpg)

4. Click 'Start'->'All Programs'->'Microsoft SQL Server 2005'->'Configuration Tools'->'SQL Server Configuration Manager'

5. Go to 'SQL Server 2005 Services, double click on 'SQL Server (InstanceName)', in the 'Log On' panel, choose 'This account' to use a domain account to logon (fareast\t-leijie in my testing); Click 'OK' to save change (see ConfigLogonAccount.jpg)

6. Restart SQL2005 instance service.

7. Install a default mail client if you do not have yet (OutLook is good), make a mail profile ('iori' in my testing) using the domain account to send emails, make sure emails can be sent using successful the account.

8. Click 'Start'->'All Programs'->'Microsoft SQL Server 2005'->'SQL Server Management Studio'

9. Choose your instance, explore 'Management'->'Legacy'->'SQL Mail', double click to set Properties, choose the profile used for SQLMail; Click 'OK' to save change.

And you also need a continous running script to detect the "birthdate" column and send mail, such as:

DECLARE @email varchar(100)
If exists(select email from tbl_Birthday where DATEDIFF(dd,birthdate,getdate())=0
select @email=email from tbl_Birthday where DATEDIFF(dd,birthdate,getdate())=0
EXEC master.dbo.xp_sendmail
@recipients = @email,
@subject = N'Happy Birthday!',
@message = N'Happy Birthday my dear firend!';

You must Sign In To post reply
Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend