.NET Tutorials, Forums, Interview Questions And Answers
Welcome :Guest
Sign In
Win Surprise Gifts!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
Gaurav Pal

Home >> Forum >> ASP.Net >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

Dcom confng error like Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {000209FF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed

Posted By: ravis     Posted Date: January 25, 2011    Points:2   Category :ASP.Net
i have installed ms office word 2003 standard edition . i gave all permission in dcom configuration.but error occurred like Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {000209FF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046} failed ......plz give me de solution........

Author: Amit Mehra          Accepted Answer   
Posted Date: January 25, 2011     Points: 10   

Have you tried with adding anonymous permission...also try adding IIS_User

Please "Mark As Answer " if this post help you.
Author: ravis             
Posted Date: January 25, 2011     Points: 5   

ya ...i tried but same error occurred.

Author: prasath             
Posted Date: January 26, 2011     Points: 5   

if your OS is XP --> User is ASPNET
for 2003 server ---> Network service (go to IIS --> Application pool--->default application -->properties-->Identity tag ....check the user name)

GO to RUN type -->DCOMCNFG

Go to Component service-->computer -->MY computer --> right click properties --> COM security --> give permission for corresponding user

after inside my computer
go to dcom config --> select microsoft office word -->right click properties -->security -->launch /activate permission add corresponding user name..

please make sure after completing word doc the object get disposed...(COM object so u have to kill the process check in task manager MSWORD.EXE)

You must Sign In To post reply
Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend