.NET Tutorials, Forums, Interview Questions And Answers
Welcome :Guest

Sign In
Register

Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Congratulations!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
david stephan

Home >> Forum >> ASP.Net >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

Unable to Connect to the ASP.NET Development Server

Posted By: swathi.ch     Posted Date: January 25, 2009    Points:2   Category :ASP.Net
Hi,

When i run my website page i will get a message box as "Unable to connect to the ASP.NET Development Server"

I'm not getting the Internet Explorer page as o/p page....getting that error...

Please Anyone help me........

Advance Thanx to all........

Responses
Author: Praveen             
Posted Date: January 25, 2009     Points: 5   

Hi,
This might be the probelm with the port no try this step

Step 1: Select the "Tools->External Tools" menu option in VS or Visual Web Developer. This will allow you to configure and add new menu items to your Tools menu.

Step 2: Click the "Add" button to add a new external tool menu item. Name it "WebServer on Port 8010" (or anything else you want).

Step 3: For the "Command" textbox setting enter this value: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\WebDev.WebServer.EXE (note: this points to the web-server that VS usually automatically runs).

Step 4: For the "Arguments" textbox setting enter this value: /port:8010 /path:$(ProjectDir) (or any port you like)

Step 5: Select the "Use Output Window" checkbox (this will prevent the command-shell window from popping up.

http://forums.asp.net/t/1189567.aspx

Author: Nam Bui             
Posted Date: December 02, 2010     Points: 5   

I also have this problem. I did step by step your solution but after clicking apply there is the message box: "The command is not a valid executable. Would you like to change the command". So I also checked command path out and didn't find the "WebDev.WebServer.EXE" file?

Help me !!

Author: mahesh             
Posted Date: February 03, 2011     Points: 5   

Hi,

I have same problem, I tried following your steps but I could not find the file called "WebDev.WebServer.EXE"
in the given path.
I am using VS 2008.

Please help which is very urgent.

Mahesh

Author: mahesh             
Posted Date: February 03, 2011     Points: 5   

Hi,

I have same problem, I tried following your steps but I could not find the file called "WebDev.WebServer.EXE"
in the given path.
I am using VS 2008.

Please help which is very urgent.

Mahesh

You must Sign In To post reply

Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery
JavaScript/VBScriptBiztalkWPFPatten/PracticesWCFOthers
www.DotNetSpark.comUnAnsweredAll

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend