.NET Tutorials, Forums, Interview Questions And Answers
Welcome :Guest

Sign In
Register

Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Congratulations!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
david stephan

Home >> Forum >> ASP.Net >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

PreviousPage property is returning null from Content Page

Posted By: sateesh     Posted Date: January 12, 2011    Points:2   Category :ASP.Net
I have SearchPage1.aspx, searchPage2.aspx and ResultsPage.aspx.
I have Radius Dropdown and also some other controls in SearchPage1 and SearchPage2
SearchPages perform input validations and upon passing validation it will redirect the user to Resultspage.
In the ResultsPage there is link "Search WIder Radius" and on clicking this link the radius index value to be incremented by 1 and perform search again.
As i am using Response.Redirect I am unable to get the PreviousPage Property in Resultspage to perform FindCOntrol("DDLRADIUS")
If i use PostBackUrl for button then button_click will not fire where i have some validations and storing user data in session
I cant user <@PreviousPageType> and <@Referenc> as i cant give 2 virtual paths (SearchPage1.aspx and SearchPage2.aspx) in this directive.
Please suggest me how to get the previous page's dropdown radius control.

Responses
Author: Manas Patnaik             
Posted Date: January 13, 2011     Points: 5   

Ok Can you explain why you need 2 Search Pages , If you going to Use a extra I. button for "Wider Radius" then same can be added to the main Search Page.

I thinks other than above issue you are doing correctly by adding Strongly typed ref to the prev page using page header directives.

Manas Patnaik
http://manaspatnaik.com/blog
Author: sateesh             
Posted Date: January 13, 2011     Points: 5   

Thanks for your reply. I need 2 searches beacuase first search is for user and secnd search is for employee so as per the requirements i need to have 2 search pages with the radis dropdown control.

You must Sign In To post reply

Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery
JavaScript/VBScriptBiztalkWPFPatten/PracticesWCFOthers
www.DotNetSpark.comUnAnsweredAll

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend