Sign In
Register

Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Congratulations!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
david stephan

Home >> Forum >> WPF >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

What is WPF?

Posted By: krishana singh     Posted Date: December 08, 2010    Points:2   Category :WPF
What is WPF?

Responses
Author: Shivshanker cheral             
Posted Date: December 09, 2010     Points: 5   

WPF is Windows Presentation foundation
WPF/E stands for Windows Presentation Foundation "Everywhere", and the concept demonstrated was a subset of WPF where some richness (i.e. 3D, hardware accelration, Adaptive Documents) is given up for reach. Reach out to small devices and other platforms.

During the session we saw a WPF/E application running in IE (7+ supported), Safari, and on a PocketPC. One of the highlights was when they were navigating through the WPF/E app in IE and came upon an external link. The link was clicked and they navigated around a bit and then hit the Back button. And to my sheer joy, the state was held in the WPF/E app displaying the last place you had navigated. Try doing that in Flash.

So what makes a WPF/E application? To run on Safari you can't depend on the .NET Runtime, so it doesn't. You use XAML and JScript to create the application which is then interpreted by the the Hosting Control, in IE's case its an ActiveX Control, otherwise its Native to its environment.

That's all the info I have for now. WPF/E is still in the early stages, but from what I've seen, I'm very excited to see it come to life.

You must Sign In To post reply

Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery
JavaScript/VBScriptBiztalkWPFPatten/PracticesWCFOthers
www.DotNetSpark.comUnAnsweredAll

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend