.NET Tutorials, Forums, Interview Questions And Answers
Welcome :Guest

Sign In
Register

Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Congratulations!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
david stephan

Home >> Forum >> SharePoint >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

InfoPath repeating table elements seperated into a list and workflow to approve each seperately

Posted By: Tenille     Posted Date: November 17, 2010    Points:2   Category :SharePoint
Hi,

I have a requirement from a client to create a custom approval workflow on an Purchase Order infoPath form. The complexity lies in the processing of the infoPath form for approval. I have a repeating table to add multiple order lines to the infopath form. Each line has a field for Department where the user can select a department to which that order line applies. So there could be 5 lines with 5 diferent departments or 6 order lines with 3 departments. The requirement is for each order line to be approved seperately by department as each order line needs to be sent to the appropriate department for approval before the it can be purchased. If there is more than one line per department, the lines are to be 'grouped' together and sent for approval. Once approved all lines need to be put back together (somehow) in the form and sent to NAV. If there is one line that has not been approved, the entire purchase order is rejected.

The only way I can see this happening is proceesing the form and separating the order lines into a SharePoint list onto which the workflow will be initiated. Each item in the list will be seperated by department and sent to the correct approver for approval. What I am unsure about is how to group together order lines with the same department when sending the item to the SharePoint List. I have seen this article on how to seperate items in a repeating table into a list...

http://www.infopathdev.com/blogs/matt/archive/2006/02/02/Add-SharePoint-List-Items-with-InfoPath.aspx

I'm not sure if this is the best way to do it. I have no idea how to 'put the order back together after the lines have been approved. If anyone has any helpful information or a better solution, I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance

Responses
Author: APCL73             
Posted Date: May 06, 2011     Points: 20   

Hi Tenille

Did you find a solution for this? I have a similar requirement and am struggling. I also read the article you linked to but that adds one item at a time. I want the user to be able to add to the InfoPath form and when they submit all the line items created.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Azam

You must Sign In To post reply

Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery
JavaScript/VBScriptBiztalkWPFPatten/PracticesWCFOthers
www.DotNetSpark.comUnAnsweredAll

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend