.NET Tutorials, Forums, Interview Questions And Answers
Welcome :Guest
Sign In
Win Surprise Gifts!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
Gaurav Pal

Home >> Forum >> .NET Framework >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

tiff image to editable text convert

Posted By: krishana singh     Posted Date: October 16, 2010    Points:2   Category :.NET Framework
send me fully details of

how to convert tiff to editable text..

@ krish.bhati@gmail.com

Author: Jegan R             
Posted Date: November 03, 2010     Points: 5   

The Tagged Image File Format, also known as TIFF or TIF, is a file format popular for images with high-color depth, though it also works with line art and grayscale pictures. Many scanners save to this format by default. You can either insert TIFF images to add punch to your Word document, or convert scanned TIFF text to editable text so you can cut and paste the words into Word.

Author: Jegan R             
Posted Date: November 03, 2010     Points: 5   

Inserting TIFF Images

Open a new or existing Word document if you want to insert a TIFF file.

Click in the Word display at the location in which you want to put the TIFF file.

Choose the "Insert" menu, the "Picture" option and "From File" to display the "Insert Picture" dialogue.

Select "Tag Image File Format (*.tif;*.tiff)" under "Files of type" to display TIFF files only.

Navigate to the file you want and double-click it. Word may display a message saying that it cannot insert the picture because the feature is not installed. Click "Yes" when it asks to install. You may need your original Word disc to complete the installation. The picture then appears in the Word document.

Click on the picture until handles appear. Click and drag the handles to resize the image as needed. To define additional options such as word wrap and borders, double-click the image to display the "Format Picture" dialogue.

Click the "File" menu and then "Save" to save the TIFF in Word, entering a new file name if needed.
Converting TIFF Text

Download, install and run an Optical Character Recognition (OCR) program to convert a scanned TIFF file into editable text. One such free program is TopOCR (see Resources). An "Image" window opens on the left and a "Text" window opens on the right.

Choose the "File" menu from the "Image" window and select "Open" to display the "Open" dialogue. Navigate to the TIFF file and double-click to load it into the "Image" window. The editable text version of the file appears in the "Text" window. Note that the formatting disappears.

Click the "Image" window to select it. From the "Edit" menu, choose "Select All" to highlight all the text. Press the "Control" and "C" keys to copy the selection.

Open a new or existing Word document.

Click in the Word display at the location in which you want to put the TIFF file.

Press the "Control" and "V" keys to paste the text into Word. Compare the text to the original and correct any character errors as needed. Apply formatting as needed.

Click the "File" menu and then "Save" to save the Word document, entering a new file name if needed.

Author: danny dog             
Posted Date: May 20, 2013     Points: 20   

I do this almost daily. I use a tiff converter driver found on the internet . Install it and it becomes a selectable converter option.Then you can convert tiffs to many forms in any program at all, including Adobe Acrobat . Just open a tiff, select convert, and choice a form you want,then you can convert tiff into ediable texts . the task will be finished in several seconds. if you haven't found a good choice , you can have a try. best wishes.

Author: getmore             
Posted Date: August 25, 2013     Points: 20   

i think the most editable text is word document. so i think you can convert tiff to word . then you can use many software to edit, such as crop delete annotate and so on. i have been using this word conversion software , take a look.

Author: arronlee             
Posted Date: November 10, 2013     Points: 20   

Yup indeed, I agree with getmore. I want to hare another Tiff image converter I have checked before. I used to convert tiff image to editable text with the help of it.
You can have a try. I hope it helps.

Next Tomorrow is Another Day .
Author: lily             
Posted Date: March 06, 2014     Points: 20   

i have checked both rasteredge and yiigo, i have a thing for rasteredge tiff converter

Author: sarahwhite0             
Posted Date: December 03, 2015     Points: 20   

You can try this free online ocr http://www.online-code.net/ocr.html to convert tiff image to editable text.

You must Sign In To post reply
Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend