.NET Tutorials, Forums, Interview Questions And Answers
Welcome :Guest
Sign In
Win Surprise Gifts!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
david stephan
Gaurav Pal

Home >> Forum >> Silverlight >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

Silver light

Posted By: venu     Posted Date: September 06, 2010    Points:2   Category :Silverlight

Hi Friends

Let me clear

1. i have created one silverlight application with data as static,then i build that application i got .xap file in clientBin folde.

2.I created on asp.net web application through File->New web site.There i used the default.aspx page in that page i took silverlight control in that i set source=sometite.xap(this file is of from 1st pt).When i try to run it,its working fine.you can see here

3.Now i updated my 1st point silverlight app with dynamic data (means data from database).For to get data dynamic i took one DBService.asmx file.Then also its working fine.Then i compiled like in 1st step,same i got the updated .xap file

4.Now i replaced the .xap file whatever in 2nd step with the file from 3rd step.Now if i try to run it is giving exception

Actually in my system the silver light s/w not installed properly so i can't be able to debug but i can with ctrl+F5(With out debugg).

Now the exception is like

Debugging resource settings are unavailable.Often the key and arguments provide sufficient information to diagnosis the problem.

Now how to solve this issue

Author: Manas Patnaik             
Posted Date: December 05, 2010     Points: 5   

Can you please share the version details of silverlight and the editor you are using for development.
You can use RIA services to communicate to a database.Please refer my blog post http://manaspatnaik.com/blog/index.php/technology/silverlight-4/step-by-step-guide-to-wcf-ria-enabled-sl4-application-with-entity-framework/404 .

Manas Patnaik

You must Sign In To post reply
Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend