.NET Tutorials, Forums, Interview Questions And Answers
Welcome :Guest

Sign In
Register

Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Congratulations!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
david stephan

Home >> Forum >> ASP.Net >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

Advantages of Access against Sql

Posted By: shahin     Posted Date: November 09, 2008    Points:2   Category :ASP.Net
i know sql is best but i am studing and client requirement is to use compulsary access so how can i explain?

Responses
Author: Amit Mehra             
Posted Date: November 10, 2008     Points: 5   

Its really tough question to answer because SQL Server is always better than MS Access in all the way.

The only reason i can think of if you need to send the DB along with the application the you should go for MS Access.

Thanks,
Amit
Please "Mark As Answer " if this post help you.
Author: Ruchi             

hi amit
I think we can also send our sql server DB along with our application. Then isn't it an advantage. Can you please suggest some strong points regarding in which cases should we opt for ms-access DB?

Author: Amit Mehra             

Hi,
Yes you are right, you can send only SQL Server express edition anlog with your application but you client have to install the SQL Server express where as access will be available in the client mechine.

Well i can not think of anything else advantages of MS Access against Sql Server right now

Thanks,
Amit
Please "Mark As Answer " if this post help you.

You must Sign In To post reply

Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery
JavaScript/VBScriptBiztalkWPFPatten/PracticesWCFOthers
www.DotNetSpark.comUnAnsweredAll

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend