Register

Win Surprise Gifts!!!
Congratulations!!!

Top 5 Contributors of the Month
david stephan

Home >> Forum >> C# >> Post New QuestionBookmark and Share Subscribe to Forum

Handling large datasets in chart quickely

Posted By: sharmila     Posted Date: July 12, 2010    Points:2   Category :C#
I have a large dataset(around 50000 points) which has be visualized in a line chart.The size of Canvas may vary according to the size of dataset. Massive amount of points makes the drawing too slow.It also results in cluttering and overlapping of points due to plotting of several points close to each other.So visual representation of data will be unsatisfactory. How can I display subset of available points which will increase the performance? Can anybody suggest me with a suitable algorithm which will help to extract the subset of actual number of points?

Responses
Author: sharmila             
Posted Date: July 14, 2010     Points: 5   

Can anyone please help me regarding this .I have a collection of 50000 points List<DataPoint> DataPoints;Each item in this collection contains (X,Y) co ordinates.I need to filter the points in such a way that I can get a sub collection of lesser number of points and this list will not affect shape of the chart to larger extent.Suppose there are points like (1,2)(2,4)(3,6) which passes through same line.I can exclude(2,4).This method can be used as a first order filter.Can anyone please suggest or help me out how I can filter it further.Like excluding points which are very close to each other?

You must Sign In To post reply

Find more Forum Questions on C#, ASP.Net, Vb.Net, SQL Server and more Here
Quick Links For Forum Categories:
ASP.NetWindows Application  .NET Framework  C#  VB.Net  ADO.Net  
Sql Server  SharePoint  OOPs  SilverlightIISJQuery
JavaScript/VBScriptBiztalkWPFPatten/PracticesWCFOthers
www.DotNetSpark.comUnAnsweredAll

Hall of Fame    Twitter   Terms of Service    Privacy Policy    Contact Us    Archives   Tell A Friend